November 18, 2016
- REMINDER: Mercer County Improvement Authority Holds Electronics Recycling/Paper Shredding Day Tomorrow Saturday, November 19, from 9 am to 2 pm, Rain or Shine, Parking Lot 4, South Broad Street, Trenton (directly across from County Building at 640 South Broad Street). Accepted electronic items include televisions, VCRs, computers and monitors, laptops, keyboards, circuit boards, printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, phones, camera equipment, microwaves, and stereo equipment. For further information, visit the MCIA website at www.mcianj.org or call (609) 278-8086.
- East Windsor Township Will Participate in Womanspace “Communities of Light” Scheduled for Monday, December 5. Residents can support the event by purchasing candles and gathering with local elected officials and police on Monday, December 5, at 5 pm to light up the East Windsor Municipal Building (16 Lanning Boulevard), followed by refreshments. Citizens can participate by purchasing luminary kits, containing six candles each, for $10 at any time at the East Windsor Police/Court Building (80 One Mile Road) and bringing luminary kits to the event. All proceeds will go 100% directly to Womanspace, the primary Mercer County organization providing a comprehensive array of services to individuals affected by domestic violence and dedicated to improving the quality of life of abuse victims and their families. For further information, call (609) 448-5678, ext. 231.
Luminary Kits (above) can be purchased at the East Windsor Police/Court Building (80 One Mile Rd) and brought to the municipal building to join in with local officials and citizens to support Womanspace “Communities of Light.”
- Annual Windsor-Hightstown Area Ministerium (WHAM) Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service Will Be Held on Sunday, November 20, at 7 pm, at Congregation Beth Chaim, located at 329 Village Road East, West Windsor.
- East Windsor Township Mayor and Council Encourage Citizens to Volunteer for Township Boards and Committees. Citizens can apply to serve on the Clean Communities Advisory Committee, Commission on Aging, East Windsor Municipal Utilities Authority, Economic Development Committee, Environmental Commission, Health Advisory Board, Planning Board, Recreation Commission, Zoning Board of Adjustment and the East Windsor Municipal Alliance for the Prevention of Substance Abuse. Residents interested in volunteering can obtain an application form from the municipal clerk or can fill out this form (CLICK HERE) and return by email to email@example.com, by fax to (609) 443-8303, or by mail to Mayor Janice S. Mironov and Township Council, East Windsor Township Municipal Building, 16 Lanning Boulevard, East Windsor, New Jersey 08520. For further information, call the Municipal Clerk’s Office at (609) 443-4000, ext. 240.
- No Township Curbside Garbage Collection Will Occur on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25, Due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Garbage Collection for Area #1 residents, normally on Thursday, November 24, will be on the next scheduled collection date of Monday, November 28. Garbage collection for Area #2 residents, normally on Friday, November 25, will be on the next scheduled collection date of Tuesday, November 29. Visit Township website at (CLICK HERE) to view the public works schedules.
- Township Offices Will Be CLOSED Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Township Recreation Department Offers Trip to “Disney on Ice: Follow Your Heart” on Wednesday, December 28, at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The bus will leave from the Municipal Building (16 Lanning Boulevard) at 9 am and showtime is 11 am. The $45 fee includes admission ticket in Club Box 11 (with lounge and private bathroom), transportation and adult supervision (any child under 5 must accompanied by an adult). Registration is online, on a first come first served basis, at (CLICK HERE). For further information, call (609) 443-4000, ext. 225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Township Recreation Department Offers “Snow Tubing Under the Lights” Trip on Friday, January 27, to Campgaw Mountain in Mahwah, New Jersey. The bus will leave from the Municipal Building (16 Lanning Boulevard) at 5:30 pm and will return at approximately 12 am (midnight). Snow tubing participants must be at least 42″ tall. The $30 fee includes bus transportation, two-hour lift ticket, and adult supervision. Registration, which is on a first come first served basis, can be done online (CLICK HERE). For further information, call (609) 443-4000, ext. 225 or email email@example.com.