September 23, 2016
- Mercer County Roadway Work to Old Trenton Road (County Route 535) between Village Road in West Windsor and Dorchester Drive in East Windsor Has Been Completed.
- Roadway Improvements to Oak Creek Road between Hickory Corner Road and Oak Creek Circle Continue with milling and resurfacing work. Final paving is slated for the week of September 26, all weather dependent. Residents will be noticed prior to the commencement of this pavement work.
- Roadway Improvements to Dutch Neck Road between Oak Creek Road and One Mile Road Continue. The concrete work and repairs to storm drains and pipe are complete. Milling and paving will commence upon the completion of the Oak Creek Road resurfacing work.
- East Windsor Township Will Hold Recycling Day on Saturday, October 8 from 10 am to 2 pm, rain or shine, at the East Windsor Senior Center, located at 40 Lanning Boulevard. This Township event is sponsored by Mayor Janice S. Mironov and Members of Council, in conjunction with the East Windsor Clean Communities Committee. Free document shredding will be available to East Windsor residents. There is a limit of ten boxes per household, and no commercial drop-offs are permitted. Residents also will be able to drop off cell phones, fluorescent bulbs and toner cartridges, as well as used electronics, computers, computer equipment and televisions. The East Windsor/Hightstown Lions Club will be collecting used eye glasses. RISE will have trucks on-site to collect clothing, shoes, blankets, housewares (plates, mugs and related items) and working household appliances and electronics. For further information, call (609) 443-4000, ext. 215.
- Mercer County Hazardous Waste Collection and Electronics Recycling Event Will Be Held on Saturday, October 1, from 8 am to 2 pm, rain or shine, at the John T. Dempster Fire School, located on Bakers Basin/Lawrence Station Road in Lawrence Township. Residents can dispose of aerosol cans, used motor oil, propane gas tanks, pesticides, herbicides, car batteries, paint thinner, oil based paint, stains and varnishes, gasoline, anti-freeze, driveway sealer, insect repellents, and fluorescent and compact fluorescent bulbs. Used electronic equipment including computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, stereos, televisions and microwaves will be accepted. Proof of Mercer County residency required. For further information, visit the Mercer County Improvement Authority website at www.mcianj.org or call (609) 278-8086.
- High School Students Invited to Serve as Student Members of East Windsor Township Boards and Commissions. The boards and commissions included in the program are Commission on Aging, Clean Communities Committee, Economic Development Commission, Environmental Commission, Health Advisory Committee and Recreation Commission, as well as the East Windsor Municipal Alliance for the Prevention of Substance Abuse. High school students who wish to be considered should submit a letter indicating their area of interest and reasons or related background, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (609) 443-8303 or by mail to Mayor Janice S. Mironov and Members of the Township Council, East Windsor Municipal Building, 16 Lanning Boulevard, East Windsor, New Jersey 08520.
- ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Volunteer Opportunity in Television Broadcasting Available. If you are interested in broadcasting and would like hands-on training on a live, local television program, opportunities are available to work with the award winning “Spotlight East Windsor” program, one hour every other Wednesday night, at the East Windsor Municipal Building. Volunteers will learn camera techniques, audio, lighting, video switching, videotape operation and much more. Those interested should contact the Municipal Clerk’s office at (609) 443-4000, ext. 237 and leave your name and contact information. For technical information, contact Dick Cunningham at (609) 443-1199.